FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN MAKKAH AND MADINAH
(Friday, September 28, 2001)
TERRORISM IS UN-ISLAMIC AND MUST BE TACKLED WITH WISDOM;
WESTERN MEDIA SHOULD BE OBJECTIVE
IN MAKKAH
Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais, Imam and Khateeb of the Grand Mosque in Makkah has urged the world leaders and international public opinion to adopt a prudent and reasonable stand toward events, and exercise self-restraint and altruism in order to maintain a just peace and security in the world.
In his Friday Sermon this week September 28, 2001, Sheikh AL-Sudais called on Muslim scholars to analyze clearly and judge the events that have happened recently in the world and put them in true perspective of the Islamic Shari’ah so that the bright picture of Islam and its adherents would distinctly emerge.
He said the so-called terrorism is totally rejected as it is an ugly phenomenon absolutely aliens to Islam’s noble object and teachings. It also does not represent the Muslims’ ethics and behavioral patterns. Terminologies used must be carefully selected so that there won’t be confusion between legitimate struggle for one’s right and wanton terror, he noted.
Sheikh Sudais pointed out that the phenomenon of terrorism in the world today in not confined to any particular place or time. It has become an organized crime spanning the whole world, spreading terror and destruction everywhere. The evil elements operating within its evil network are shorn of all human and religious values, and their behavior contravenes all divine laws and international norms and conventions, he said.
The most disastrous thing is when the terrorists appear in the garb of religion or claim to represent Islam, whereas, true Islam forbids injustice and enjoins moderation and justice even to an enemy and is against violence and brutality, he said. Referring to the violence, destruction, terror and disruption that has afflicted people at present is a clear manifestation of a human tragedy. He said the bombing, the killing, the kidnapping, the blasting of buildings, and devastation of property that has crippled the economy, and left many either killed, wounded or missing is unacceptable under any pretense or plea.
Those who commit such acts are evil persons with sick souls that have no conscience at all and seized by crime. “What do they want, what is their object, who is behind them, and in whose interest they act?” he wondered. What religion, logic or convention approves of such ugly actions?
Where is the sense of honor, compassion and respect for humanity of these people, he asked.
He stressed that there has to be deep awareness because problems and negative phenomena in human societies cannot be resolved through violence. Rather what is needed is dialogue, negotiations and reconsiderations of stands and attitudes in and to promote justice and equality among people, and avoid hatred and racism.
He said the rights of the oppressed Muslim must be recognized and restored. For the Muslims the greatest issue is Al-Aqsa Mosque and Jerusalem along with the Palestinian peoples right to live in peace and security, and lifting the brutal Zionists aggression on Islam’s holy shrines that should be given priority.
More efforts must be made to highlight the humanitarian values of Islamic civilization, and to rectify the discordant elements and duality seen among Muslims in the political, economic, and information fields, and closing sources of evil in Muslim societies under the ramifications of globalization, he noted.
Sheikh Al-Sudais called for the setting up of an Islamic international body dedicated to solving the dangerous phenomena on the regional and international levels. He advocated the conducting of studies and formulating practical mechanisms to seriously investigate the causes and factors of its increase and then implement a mechanism methodically and carefully studied for its eradication so that humanity would be safe from evil and live in peace.
He called on news media, especially, the western median to be objective, fair, true and realistic, and not to hurl accusations based on speculation, and to avoid vagueness and double-standard when addressing issues.
He called on the Muslim Ummah to represent the true and honorable image of Islam and Muslims clear to the world.
IN MADINA
In Madina, Sheikh Ali Bin Abdul Rahman Al-Hediefi, Imam and Khateeb of the Prophet’s Mosque, in his Friday Sermon, urged Muslim to be pious and stay away from sins in order to win God’s favor.
He said piety is the door to everything good and obscenity is the door to everything evil. A person’s status with God Almighty is determined by his belief and character and not by his wealth and power, he said.
Truthfulness is a noble characteristic, he said, adding that falsehood is a sin that leads to Hellfire. Truthfulness brings peace of mind, and falsehood brings peace of mind, and falsehood brings anxiety, he said, adding that a Muslim must be truthful in word and in deed. The worst of falsehood is lying to God, to Islam and Muslims, he said.

THE HOLY QURAN:REMEMBER ME AND I WILL REMEMBER YOU:SURA AL-BAQARA (2)VERSES 152-156:

152. Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith.
153. O ye who believe! seek help with patient perseverance and prayer; for Allah is with those who patiently persevere.
154. And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah. "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.
155. Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,
156. Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return":-
HADITH:
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 502:
Narrated Abu Huraira(RA):
The Prophet said, "Allah says: 'I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if He remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than they; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.' "
SEE ALSO SURA 2:152.
2. Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318:
Narrated Shaddad bin Aus(RA):
The Prophet said "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: 'Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta." The Prophet added. "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise."
3.Volume 8, Book 75, Number 412:
Narrated Abu Huraira(RA):
Allah's Apostle said," Whoever says: "La ilaha illal-lah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahu-l-hamd wa huwa 'ala kulli shai'in qadir," one hundred times will get the same reward as given for manumitting ten slaves; and one hundred good deeds will be written in his accounts, and one hundred sins will be deducted from his accounts, and it (his saying) will be a shield for him from Satan on that day till night, and nobody will be able to do a better deed except the one who does more than he."
4. Volume 8, Book 75, Number 414:
Narrated Abu Huraira(RA):
Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever says, 'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,' one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.
5. Volume 8, Book 75, Number 415:
Narrated Abu Huraira(RA):
The Prophet said, "There are two expressions which are very easy for the tongue to say, but they are very heavy in the balance and are very dear to The Beneficent (Allah), and they are, 'Subhan Allah Al-'Azim and 'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi.'"
6.Volume 8, Book 75, Number 416:
Narrated Abu Musa(RA): The Prophet said, "The example of the one who celebrates the Praises of his Lord (Allah) in comparison to the one who does not celebrate the Praises of his Lord, is that of a living creature compared to a dead one."
FOR THE ABOVE SEE ALSO SURA 13:28.
DUA (SUPPLICATION):
Allah!LA ILAHA ILLA HUWA(NONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BE WORSHIPPED BUT HE,THE EVER LIVING,THE ONE WHO SUSTAINS AND PROTECTS ALL THAT EXISTS;THE ALL-MIGHTY,THE ALL-WISE).

May the light of the words of the Quran strengthen us in that which is light and enable us to live justly on this earth, without spreading corruption,and with tenderness and compassion towards each other,lowering towards those who follow us the wings of tenderness.May the light dawn within and all around us.AL-FATIHAH.AMEEN.

Spread the Message of Allah.

With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .. Ameen