One week from today, we will lift the beast of burden off the back of the Gambian nation.
What does all this mean for a common man? Well it means that the dead will be speaking to those who contributed to the unveiling of the shadow of darkness that covered their murder.
It will also remind the nation that a body guard to the head of state needs to do more to be guarded.I for one believed that our nation has sustained the deepest wound during this seven years of misrule and state sponsored terrorism against the most inocent of the contry, the students.A week from now the wounds would healed, but the scares would remain for and go deep down into our nations history.
The Gambian people over these years, have been kidnaped and strip off their rights as human beings and reduced to begars in the street. The best thing about the Gambian is to endure and
face up to the difficult times while finding the best solution to their agony. This time around, the best solution is found. The APRC would understand that spilling the blood of a Gambian
cannot and will not be compromised. A week from today while other Gambians are busy packing their belongings in haste to leave our dear motherland, others would be settling in and getting ready to take up to the challenges of democracy for the future of this God-loving people of the Gambia.
Since Iam sure of victory for the opposition, I must say that victory for the nation comes from
the participation of  people like those on the Gambia-l, movement for the restoration of democracy in the Gambia and other individuals and organisations that fought tirelessly to achieve what is to be come the people power vesus the military and draconian rule.
A week from now, it will be new Gambia, new ruling party, new destination.
Free at last, free at last, we thank you almaighty, we are free at last.
I thank you all.
Kebba Sanneh (Sweden)