Dampha,

Nice piece! No equivocation here.  The APRC imbeciles know that they've lost and thus they will do anything to hold on to power.  It is sad that people are being killed just for Yahya to hold on to power.   Perhaps it is worth the bloodshed if it means that our country will be freed from the clutches of this evil re-incarnate. But as you said the 2001 election is different from what obtained in 1996 when power was stolen from the Gambian people, however such will not be allowed to happen this time around.

This time around the APRC buffoons should realise that if they try to usurp power from the people the nation shall see 'rivers of blood'.  As Haruna Darbo configured in his piece that no country attained democracy without civil strife or some form of struggle, Gambians will be awaken to this reality through this election. All the strife going on in our country, to me, is the price being paid for a harmonious and freer existence.  The events taking place are catalysts to true democracy.  Democracy comes with sacrifices and hardwork.  Even the modern developed democracies had to fight the demons of oligarchy, ablutism, totalitarianism, fascism and all isms to get to where they are today.

Thus in the final analysis as many have said on this forum good shall prevail over evil.  We had embarked on a 'Long Walk to Freedom' and with endurance and determination my people shall be delivered to the promised land.  There will be sufering, there will be deads but we shall take it in our stride and match on.

Gambia deserves better.  May the Almighty deliver us from the evil, savagery, lies, murder, hunger that Yahya and his cohorts visited on us since they usurped power 7 years ago.

Long Live Gambians,  Long Live Democracy,

Regards,

Mboge