Malamin,

I cannot agree with you more.The answer to this realistic problem is uncompromising term limits set upon the office of the presidence.I believe that and many of you will agree that, if any of the opposition had the same access to the same powers and resorces at their disposal, like Yaya, they will win with a much more margin than 2%. Not that i believe that the results of the last election reflect by any means the majority of Gambian peoples desire. Since the resources used are assumed illegally this election is a robbery in itself. Imagin someone used a stolen asset to make a business profit; is that profit not illegal as well?

If anyone follow the speeches of Yayas camp one of the rallies in Brikama one speaker made a stunning speech about seven months ago,he said to growd in a typical Gambian style, dont worry  we know the results of the upcoming elections already. How can they possibly be so outward about what everyone know will surface anyway.

If Mr.Jammeh was to be removed by force tonight anyone who remove him and do exactly what he did will win any upcoming elections just as well. For an election under a miltary rule to be fair the opposition should have enough weapons and ammunition to defend themselves, They should have the same access to the countries funds media and vehicles. There should be no threats to anyones security that will limit their willingness to participate in the electoral process.There should above all be no fear hanging over the opposition of loosing their livelihood as a result of their political affiliations after elections.

Many of you will agree that these are impossiblities given the atmosphere of our cultural and political realties today. In order to encourage demogracy term limits should be impose otherwise dictorships will hijack the electoral process to mask their true colours just like we are witnessing today.

                            kalilu