It has been in the rumour mill that Mafy, the former clerk in Delta Airlines' Accounting Department will likely replace the retiring Gamtel director.

If so, I am sure this represents a tremendous confidence booster for Mafy. If I were in his shoes, I would shy away from the offer and avoid it like the plague. However, I know Mafy has been working hard toward this or some other offer from Yaya whose friendship he had been cultivating through the past four years.

I would however be terribly dissappointed if he accepts the position and does not put in an honest day's work to earn his keep. In other words, do not take a job just because you wish to get your share of the loot. The honourable thing would have been not to take the job. But if you do, please help your friend because God knows he needs help and direction. Wish you all the best. I remembered the brief but poignant conversation we had in Cullowhee when Jawara used to be president and I took care to note your condition then. I am pleased therefore that Yaya may be a bit more pleasing to you. Plus I'm sure there were other cultural considerations. If you put your energy and honour into it, you can really do the job. But if you use it as a decoy for other activity, you will fail yourself and the people of Gambia.

God Speed.
I know you don't like the L anymore but I know you read the postings religiously. So here's to your future sincerity. Don't gimme that crap about Yaya being a nice guy.