Yes, it takes a MAN to:

1. get involved in corrupt activities

2. associate oneself illegal government deals

3. run away with the PEOPLE's money and apologize to one person.

If this is the way to show love to your nation, to want to develop your country, to be a good citizen and to be a MAN, then the Gambia has a log ways to go before seeing the other side of honesty, thruthfulness and development. If I do it and be praised of being a man, what would stop Pateh from attempting to or even doing it?

We have to think and do better than that. It should not have gone that way if the sole purpose of the government taking over was to stop the corrupt practices of the previous one and develop our nation. I could see the validity of these actions only if their purpose were otherwise and unless stated, it is wrong.

I am pretty much sure that we could do better.

I also am not surprised to see the first endorsee of the apology on the L from Tombong which I could see would come from his change of beliefs in the old days of the late 70's and early 80's and those of today. He was then a hero for standing out againt alleged incorrect practices but now I do not know how to describe him due to his sudden change of beliefs.

Not meant to hurt anyone and I do apologize if I do.
Have a pleasant Ramadan everyone.

Ebou A. Secka
A concerned citizen