Allahumma ijalna minman qabilta siyamahu wa qiyamahu wa ghafarta zalalahu wa ijramahu, wa waffaqtahu lita’atika fasta’adda lima amamahu.
O Allah! Accept our fasting and prayers during the Holy Month; forgive our mistakes and sins and help us observe Your commands to be prepared for what is to come.Ameen.
FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN MAKKAH AND MADINA
(Friday, November 16, 2001)
CARRY OUT INSTRUCTIONS OF QUR’AN AND SUNNAH
IN MAKKAH
SHEIKH Saud Al-Sheraim, Imam and Khateeb of the Holy Mosque in Mak­kah, called upon Muslims to fear Allah and try to gain His favor by doing good deeds, reciting the Holy Qur’an and re­flecting on Allah’s ways and laws in the human being and the universe as well as devoting one’s time to worship and supplication during the holy month of Ramadan.
While delivering his Friday Sermon on November 16 at the Makkah Haram, he said that the people are in dire need for the month of fasting, peace of mind, worship, night prayer in the mosques, calling themselves to account, awaken­ing the conscience, and getting rid of conflicts within them and of present-day entertainment diversions.
Sheikh Al-Sheraim said that Rama­dan is the month of the Holy Qur’an, which is the soul of the body and the guiding light.
He stressed that a person who reads the Holy Qur’an and does not imple­ment its teachings is like a dead man even if be talks, works and is active. He pointed out that a human being without the Holy Qur’an is like life without wa­ter and air. It is total bankruptcy in the feelings and soul because the Holy Qur’an is the medicine and cure.
Sheikh Al-Sheraim said that Rama­dan is a blessed occasion and a great opportunity for a Muslim to purify his soul during the day in order to prepare it to get the blessings of the night, for performing night prayer(Tarawee and Tahajjud) and devoting one’s time to worship and recitation of the Holy Qur’an.
He said that the maladies of the pre­vious nations have affected the Muslim Ummah due to their being spiritually incapable of reflecting on the Holy Qur’an. He gave several reasons for not reflecting and pondering on the Holy Qur’an including keeping away from re­flecting on and discovering God’s ways and laws about human being and the universe.
He urged Muslims to implore Allah in their supplication especially during this holy month. He said that supplica­tion (du’a) has a great effect on man’s life for it is the medicine when the mal­ady becomes aggravated.
MADINA
Meanwhile, Sheikh Hussein Aal Al­ Sheikh, Imam and Khateeb of the Prophet’s Mosque in Madina, advised Muslims to fear Allah.
In the Friday Khutbah, he said that Ramadan is a great month and it brings a lot of good and blessings. In it the re­ward for good deeds are increased mul­tifold and sins are forgiven. He pointed out that being able to fast this holy month and devote one’s time to recita­tion of the Holy Qur’an, prayer and supplication and do other good deeds(like Paying zakat and sadaqa) is a great blessing necessitating thanking Almighty Allah for it.
He highlighted the Islamic conquests that took place during the month of Ramadan and during the era of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) and the era of the first four rightly guided Caliphs. He elaborated on the victories achieved by the Muslims during those conquests.
Sheikh Al-Sheikh called upon Mus­lims worldwide to return to the Divine Book and the traditions (Sun­nah) of the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam). He urged them to do a lot of good deeds, recite the Holy Qur’an and do other worship.
He drew attention to the fact that this month is an opportunity to rectify and treat our faulty worldly matters so that they are a starting point for forging ahead to a bright and correct Islamic fu­ture.
Du'a (Supplications)
Allahumma akhtim lana shahra Ramadana biridwanika, wa ajirna min ‘uqubatika wa miranika, waj ‘al maalana ila janatika.
O Allah! Let us complete the month of Ramadan in such a manner to meet Your satisfaction; spare us from Your punishment and the Fire of Hell and let our final abode be in Your Paradise.
Allahumma a’id alaina Ramadana a ‘waman ‘adidatan, wa azminatan madidatan.
O Allah! Let us live to fast Ramadan for many years to come and many times to elapse.
Allahumma ijalna minman qabilta siyamahu wa qiyamahu wa ghafarta zalalahu wa ijramahu, wa waffaqtahu lita’atika fasta’adda lima amamahu.
O Allah! Accept our fasting and prayers during the Holy Month; forgive our mistakes and sins and help us observe Your commands to be prepared for what is to come.
Allahumma arzuqnal istiqamata ‘ala dinika fi kulli zaman, fi Ramadana wa fi ghairi Ramadana.
O Allah! Let us be steadfast in the right path all the time, whether during Ramadan or at other times.
Allahumma habbib ilainal imana wa zayyinhu fi qulubina, wa karrih ilainal kufra wal fusuqa wal ‘isyana, waj ‘alna minar rashidin.
O Allah! Let us love the Iman (Faith) and make it nice to our hearts and let us hate disbelief, blasphemy and disobedience and make us among those guided by You.
Allahumma aslih shababal Muslimin waj ‘alhum hudatan muhtadin la dallina wa la mudillina, Allahumma waffiqhum lita’atika wa jannibhum asbaba sakhatika, waj’ alhum dhukhran lil Islami wal Muslimin.
O Allah! Guide Muslim Youths to the right path, let them be obedient and help them avoid the causes of Your wrath, preserve them as a treasure for Islam and Muslims.
Allahumma wa aslih ulama’al Muslimina, wa waffiqhum lilamri bilma’rufi wan-nahy ‘anil munkari wa’alhum dhukhran lil-Islami wa Muslimin.
O Allah! Guide Muslim scholars, help them enforce good conduct and stand against bad conduct, preserve them as a treasure for Islam and Muslims.
Allahumma wa aslih wulata umuril Muslimina, warzughum al bitanatas salihatan nasihata allati tadulluhum 'alal khairi wa tu'inuhum 'alaihi, wasrif 'anhum bitanatas-Su'I ya Rabbal 'Aalamina.
O Allah! Guide Muslim rulers and let them have good entourage who will show and give them the right advice, that shows and helps them do the right, and keep them away from bad entourage. O Lord of the worlds!
Allahumma wa aslih nisa'al Muslimin, wahfazhunna minat tabarruji wa suffur, wa min tadlilil kafarati wal mufsidin.
O Allah! Guide Muslim women and protect them from displaying their charms and beauties and guard them against the misleading of the disbelievers and corrupted persons.
Allahumma man aradana wa asadal Muslimina bisu'in wa sharrin faja kaidahu fi nahrihi, wa ashgilhu binafsihi, waj al tadbirahu tadmiran 'alaihi.
O Allah! Let those who want to harm Muslims have the same taste of what they have been plotting returned to their own necks and keep them busy with their own troubles and let them destroy themselves with their own hands.
Allahumma a'izzal Islama wal-Muslimnia, wa adhillash-shirka wal mushrikin, wal kufra wal kafirin, wa dammir a'da'ad-din, wau'al hadhal balada aminan mutma'inan raha'an wa saira biladil Muslimin, birahamatika ya Arhamar-Rahimin.
O Allah! Raise the standing of Islam and Muslims and degrade the standing of Al-Kufr' and Al –Kafirin (disbelievers) and the Shirk and Mushrikin ( who associate others with Allah), Destroy enemies of religion, and let our country and all the Muslim countries be peaceful and prosperous by Your mercy. O You Most Merciful.
Allahumma ighfir lijami'I mawtal Muslimin, alladhina shahidu laka bilwahdaniyah, wa linabiyyika birrisalah, wa matu ala dhalika.
O Allah! Have Mercy on those Muslims who have died believing that there is no God other than You and that Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu alai wa sallam) is Your Messenger.
Allahumma Salli 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad - in Salaatan Tunajjeenaa min jamee 'il ahwaali wa'l aafaat Wa taqdhee lanaa bihaa jamee'al haajaat Wa tu - tahhirunaa bihaa min jamee 'is sayyiaat Wa tarfa 'unaa bihaa 'indaka a'lad - darajaat wa tuballighunaa bihaa aqsal ghaayaat Min jamee'il khayraat fi'l hayaat wa ba'dal mamaat.
O Allah ! shower blessings on Sayyidina Muhammad - such blessings by means of which You may deliver us from all anxieties and calamities, You may satisfy all our needs,You may cleanse us of all evils, and You may grant us high rank and status in Your Presence,and You may lead us to the limits of our aspirations and capacities,in whatever is good in life as well as after death. AL-Fateha.Ameen.

Spread the Message of Allah.

With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
Da’wah is to convey the message with wisdom and with good words. We should give the noble and positive message of Islam. We should try to emphasize more commonalities and explain the difference without getting into theological arguments and without claiming the superiority of one position over the other. There is a great interest among the people to know about Islam and we should do our best to give the right message.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .. Ameen