>From: Deyda Hydara <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Is Senghor a true son of Africa or not?
>Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 14:49:33 +0000

Deyda

I totally agree  with your analysis and response to brother Malik.

Senghore was a leader that truely had the interest of the whole African continent not only Senegal as indicated in the examples you mentioned. His words were backked by hhis actions. Of course there are certain things one may not aggree withh buut who is perfect/

 Please Extend a  happy New year &  a Merry Xmas to all of our Christian brothers and sisters back home.I still remember the crowd at Hagan and Picton streets jubtion  during midnight mass on Christmas eve . Do you still have fanals ( boat lanterns/ floats) and competition on who had the best lit fanal ( half Die always won -we were the best then) , also the kankurangs and street drumings and crowds at night during Chritmas these days ? Like the good old days.

Take care and Regards

Habib Diab Ghanim, Sr