Hi folks,

Mr Sillah, thank you very much for putting the records straight. It is rather unfortunate that some people see those of us not living in The Gambia as been incognizant of the realities down there. Be reminded that we still have families in The Gambia who we care a lot about. Some of us are striving and toiling day and night to give them better lives back home. It is sometimes very insulting when I read some mails that criticise people living abroad as not knowing the realities in The Gambia. Many households are surviving because of relatives they have abroad, some families would have starve to dead left to the government alone. The fact is, it makes no difference whether we live in The Gambia or not. If people are happy back home, we are happy here, and the same goes too if they are suffering.

We all know how things are unfolding in The Gambia, peoples' basic human rights are being abuse all the time. There is no amount of distortion that can change that fact, a spade has always been a spade, period.

Many people use Gambia-L for their own selfish interest, writing darling stories about the present regime just to impress some big-wigs. Please lets put Gambia's interest before our own. It beats the sense out of me when I read some postings here, you can clearly see their ill intentions. These same people would do the same for any regime in power.

I hope in the coming year we are more honest in our reporting and realize we owe this to our country. Praise singing and sycophancy would take our country nowhere.

Happy New Year to you all.

Regards,

Alieu