it is important for all concerned gambians to enter the year 2002 with the resolution to break the circle of defeat and impotence in our long struggle against local and external oppressors.

we must collectively develop a network of the best sons and daughters of the gambia to learn from the lessons of the long defeats in the struggles in our history , draw the logical conclutions, build a united strategic and tactical platforn and plans of action and move on to victory  against the the forces oppressing our people

we must cast away all the illusions of easy victory because the struggle has a protrated character in all areas of politics, security,economics culture science and technology etc. we must oppose subjectivity in understanding the internal contradictions within the oppressed people and opportunism in relation to exposing renegades and trators to the struggle.

the year 2001 exposed many potential individuals and organisations within gambia and the diaspora well capable of coordinating the great human and material resources at our disposal in the interest of our peoples dignity and prosperity.we must also be selfcritical of the obstackle of individualisim and clean ourself of this weakness minifested in many concerned gambians.we must expose our own weknesses if we are develop our capacities for greater results

the longer we waite the more difficult the task ahead.,since there is no way of excaping this responsibility if we are to survive in dignity ,it must be wiser for those already set to start or intensify  the alredy existing struggle networks