I chuckled when i read Pa Modou's answer to the question we asked.  I still find it difficult to see any relationship between the two: the torture of Mbye and his alleged dishonesty towards the management of the Independent Newspaper.

It is damn right and appropriate for the Independent to protect its integrity.  I totally agree with the management if they have evidence that Mr Mbye have been engaged in such despicable behaviour.  They should go further than just dismissing him and  seek redress in a court of law as to set a precedent  for other staff who might be thinking of engaging in such dishonest and dubious activity. I even think the GPU should investigate Mbye and if found guilty should be band from practicing as journalist.

However, Mbye's torture by the NIA cannot be justified in anyway.   Pa Modou posted this article to the L with the intention of ridiculing Mbye's suffering whilst in detention.   When i saw the article i sensed Pa Modou's insinuation straightaway.  It is very sinister and disgusting for Gassa to engaged in such acts, whilst claiming to be honest and open minded.

regards,

Mboge