Group B: S. Africa v Ghana 1600gmt, Segou

Follow all the action here live

Ghana will be out to avenge their quarter final defeats in 1996 and 2000 when they meet South Africa in their second Group B match in Segou on Thursday.

Besides facing vastly more experienced opponents, the Black Stars also enter the game desperate to put the expulsion of star defender Sammy Kuffour behind them.

Black Stars coach Fred Osam-Duodu believes the departure of Kuffour will restore discipline to the side ahead of the game.

During our previous two defeats against South Africa we had white coaches in charge. I am hoping to prove that a black man is capable of plotting their downfall
Fred Osam-Duodu

"The players have accepted the decision and I have worked hard to prepare them psychologically for the rest of the tournament," he told BBC Sport Online."

Despite an uninspiring performance against Morocco in their opening game, Osam-Duodu is confident that his young side will be able to match the South Africans.

"During our previous two defeats against South Africa we had white coaches in charge. I am hoping to prove that a black man is capable of plotting their downfall."

Barker returns

The South Africans will be desperate to score their first victory as well as scoring the first goal of the group against the Black Stars.

The camp was boosted by the arrival on Monday evening of former coach, Clive Barker, who coached the victorious 1996 team.

Eric Tinkler in training
Tinkler is expected to captain SA
Barker is joining the squad for the first round as part of the technical team.

"I think we will get stronger as the tournament progresses. The players are looking really sharp and I believe Benni McCarthy will be the man to produce something special," said Barker.

The South Africans will still be without the services of striker Shaun Bartlett who is still recovering from the ankle injury which forced him to leave the field early in the opening match against Burkina Faso.