Thanks Halifah

Tthat explains it all. So this accident  must be after Basse. The river could not be that deep or wide  in that area for people to drown!! . I did not even know there was any ferry service after Basse. Some geography lesson  today and reminder of the source of the River Gambia (Mungo Park  died in Sami/ Jarumeh Koto  trying to find the source of Gambia river north bank- I visited the monument built for him by the British Government there)

May Allah grant the people who died in this accident Jannah. Ameen

Habib