Malamin

Occational dining with them is ok as long as you invoke the 'tasmiah' quiety - prefered- or loudy . Remember it is not an everyday issue . Hopefully you do not dine with them all your life and all the time . This is the exception not the rule here . You must also always let them know your preferences .Suggest a fish meal would be great . American USDA  Chicken is normally safe as the are  cut properly ( the Dhabihah way-  using a sharp object to quickly cut the skin in the neck area including severing the windpipe and blood vessels to eanable through bleeding- cutting the throat( hugum) and the osephagus(mari) and the jugular vein and carotid atery (wadajaam)

The only thing missing is the Tasmiyyah ( pronouncing the name of Allah before cutting).

According to Abu Hanifah and Imam Shafi if the Tasmiah is missing intentionally or un intentionally it is lawful for us to eat the meat.

The bigger conerns here is that how do you ensure that the meat you eat from your own Muslims brothers and sisters are halal? Do you ask them? . or do you assume it is?

(again the silent tasmiah is always the safest )
check out Surah Bakara ayat 172 &173 plus maids ayat 3  as other quotes.

We must follow the orders of Allah as prescribed in thw Quran but there are certain conditiions and exceptions that make it permissable to consume such food

My quota for psoting on the L  today may be up so until tomorrow .

Habib