Hi Lers,

May I asked why is that whenever a so called " third world" country expel a western diplomat there is problem and when the reverse happens its normal or atleast the diplomat was wrong. Is this because we the third world countries have nothing to offer the west or what. Is foreign diplomacy like the animal farm where others are more equal than the rest.

I think, only thinking, that diplomats are human and some are bound to have some humanity in them if you know what I mean. So why can the EU ask for an explaination instead of trying to impose the diplomat to the Gambia whether the authorities can work with him or not.

The reason why I asked is some years back a Gambia diplomat so thrown out of the USA for some domestic family affairs. It was nothing to do with the US auothorities and we accepted it.

Sorry I  have very little knowledge in foreign diplomacy and want to know more.

Thanks