Malik,

I join you in wishing Halifa, Sedia, and Hamat the very best. They will need the support of all and sundry in their efforts to disinfect the assembly or at the very least temper the tantrums of the asylum as Dampha describes it.

My appeal for a total boycot notwithstanding, these honorable men deserve our highest commendation and support. If you thought you were working hard all these years, you ain't seen nothing yet. Sedia's slogan "The time is nigh to take stock" has never been more apt. Halifa has yielded to the wishes of PDOIS rank and file and his decision to contest has borne fruit for PDOIS. Hamat has defied extraordinary odds to mount a rigorous campaign. He will very ably, as he has done before, represent the interests of NRP rank and file.

In their service to The Gambia, these honourable men will inevitably serve the interest of equally honourable  UDP/ppp/gpp and NCP rank and file. In the same breath, Ousainou must be commended for his brave and principled resignation from a flawed electoral process. His boycot of the assembly elections negated any need for APRC fraud, misconduct, and violence. I'm sure folk understand what I'm talking about. If you don't, then please disregard this mail and don't let it ruin your day or waste your valuable time replying to it. It is not meant for you.

Let us redouble our efforts in support of our trio of representatives: Halifa, Sedia, and Hamat. Won't you join me in congratulating the three or four other PDOIS candidates and unsuccessful NRP candidates, including Mr. Jabai and Miss Sillah. We will work with them to ensure their message reaches their constituents and better luck next time. The work of aspiring assembly-men and women goes on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are honorable all year every year. They must not rest on their laurels and past sacrifices. We stand beside them and keep our eyes on the prize.

Sincerely, Haruna.