Brother Malamin,

You have mentioned a very touchy issue.

Example 'Gainteh'- naming ceremony

It is not proper to have all the protocols we do in Gambia and here like the kolaand rice in the water plus the baigneh and food distribution and parties. This is purely a custom and tradition that our forefathers had been doing and it is now amalgamated into the religious practice of a simple 'athan" into to ears of the baby as prescribed by the prophet mentioning the name of the child and his/her religion. A simple process that any one can do even the dad of the child alone.

Question here is

Do we stop it ? if so why  & if not why not

I understand your position but sometimes I have a problem with some comflicting hadiths .

We need to draw the fine line and be as peaceful as posible with each other

best regards

Habib