Dampha,

You truly amaze me. Whereas others who oppose this government can concede that the government has made great strides in terms of infrastructural development albeit with some reservations, you on the other hand still refuse to accept any of these. My friend, no less than three people who expressed their opposition to this government were here not so long ago and not one of them is denying the fact that the government has made tremendous progress towards the development of this country. This has been made amply clear during the past few days. If you want to be credible, it is good to sometime concede. It is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength!

If you want to tell me that until the entire stretch of the Westfield to Mandinaba or Mandinaba Soma or Fara Feni to Lamin Koto roads are completed I cannot call them roads then there is something definitely wrong with. If you also want insist that I wait until the Senegambia to Camalo road, a road I use every time, is fully provided with streetlights before I can say it is ready, then I give up.

The same twisted logic can be applied to the scenario when someone is pointing a gun at your head and threatening to blow it. In that case, are you telling me not take the threat seriously because the gun may be loaded with blanks, or the gun may jam when fired?

Another similar logic is to say that, if one sees a friend off at the airport and he/she boards a plane that has taken off, are telling me that that person cannot say  that his/her friend has gone to so and so a place because that person hasn't reached his/her destination yet? What sort of madness is this, for God's sake?

I am beginning to resign myself to the fact that anything short of you seeing a particular group of people at the helm of things, you will never agree with anything that this government does. Where then does the interest of the country and its people lie? This is absolutely diabolical if you ask me.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-