Pamodou Jobe,

Tolerance starts from the way we speak to each other, listen to each other and react to each other when we communicate. We can only communicate effective when we do so in a matured and respectful way. None of us, and I mean none of us, has a monopoly of ideas or knows what is best for our country. Sometimes it pays to give the other the benefit of the doubt.

While you do not buy Jammeh's call for tolerance, and that is your right, I implore you to read the articles forwarded by Malik Kah from both Foroyaa and the Independent bewspaper again. In all these articles the theme has been that we are moving forward despite everything you read about on the L. As you cannot classify either Foroyaa or The Independent newspaper as Jammeh apologists or sycophants, the messages contained in these articles says a lot about what is happening on the ground here. Sometimes when we discuss issues of national importance it is best if we do so without much history. By this statement I mean that because the message is from Jammeh, Pamodou or anybody else who supports him and you seem to have prior opinion of them, you should at least listen to what they say. Remember that sometimes it is the message and not the messenger that is of paramount importance!

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-