Thank you Mr. Njie for again urging some degree of common sense in our discussions. Any Gambian of sound mind knows that this government has made some blunders. Like wise any sane Gambian also knows that some of the ills lingering still in our society today are deeply rooted in our past. They did not just happen after Jammeh came to power.

Economic deprivation and abject poverty coupled with absolute hopelessness have done more havoc in Africa than anything else. It has and may continue to fuel conflicts and all the misery that go with them unless our leaders facilitate our development process by providing equal access to education, health, land, employment opportunities as well as the necessary infrastructure to facilitate the exploitation of one's potential in these most difficult of times.

It is also evident from the many postings sent to the list that the majority of the contributors mean well for our country. It is however unfortunate, though equally true, that some seem to always want to win and win at any cost. This to me is the epitome of dictatorship and lack of tolerance.

Finally, I would also like to thank Mr. Edi Sidibeh for his two recent postings to the L. Please keep it up. We need some sanity now more than ever before.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-