I am pleased to hear that RVH is to become a teaching hospital. I hope this decision is not a knee-jerk reaction to our recent exchanges here with Musa Jeng. If that serves as enticement to do right, then we must thank the L.

I would urge the concerned personnel to put a lot of thought into a teaching hospital or at the very least when transforming the RVH into a teaching hospital. Being a teaching hospital now does mean that there will be two units of the various processes or care delivery that the hospital is engaged in. The dual nature of these units does not mean unnecessary duplication lest some idiot thinks he/she will be saving cost by eliminating such duplication.

Instead of going through a whole litany of areas that will require serious analysis, I would advise the concerned personnel to study the makeup of similar teaching hospitals in Africa, Europe, or America and adapt them to the RVH teaching hospital without losing sight of RVH's special place in Gambian Health. The worst thing they could do is to run to Taiwan or Cuba for a model. If the funds involved are donated by either of these two nations and there is a stipulation in the capital project papers for direct association, then I suggest the funds be used for a separate teaching hospital and the necessary and much needed improvements to RVH be handled separately. Don't get saddled with another White elephant of a project in an area so delicate as Health services.

I hope now the APRC can deal with the ethnic cleansing of the ranks of the civil service and army they are embarking on.

Les plus importants transformations sont les modifications "accidentelles".

Amoebic movement is effectuated by the sum-total of cellular reconfigurations.
Yours truly - Haruna.