Mali 2002 quarter-final

Result: Senegal 2-0 DR Congo

Full time: Senegal 2-0 DR Congo

90 mins: Senegal get corner but it is played too wide. There will be three minutes of time added on.

89 mins: The match ends in chaos as Tekumu commits an absolutely horiffic foul that is nowhere near the ball. The referee sends him off, then drops his card and the players and managers of both sides surround him. Eventually order is restored and Senegal take the free kick.

84 mins: GOAL - Senegal 2-0 DR Congo Substitute Soulymane Camara breaks through with pace, plays a simple square ball across to El-Hadji Diouf, and the Lens man can't miss from less than six yards out. He nervously glances at the linesman, but the goal stands, despite protestations from Tokola.

81 mins: Souleymane Camara joins the action to replace Henry Camara.

80 mins: Sylva intercepts as the Simbas place a cross in the box for Kimoto. Kimoto is verbally cautioned for stamping Sylva.

78 mins: Henry Camara's awful display continues and his glancing header is not accurate enough - it goes off target.

77 mins: Henry Camara uses his pace down on the left side. He pulls a low cross in but Tokala collects.

76 mins: Henry Camara looks for space to shoot but ends up executing a feeble strike at goal.

73 mins: Muamba and Begeta display fantastic defensive work to clear an attack from Diuof and Henry Camara.

69 min: Senegal waste the free kick by being offside.

68 mins: The corner is headed down towards the Senegal net, half-cleared, turned back in and then half-cleared again. As Senegal try to come forwards once more, Lua-Lua commits a rash tackle. The referee is about to book him then realises Lua-Lua is already on a yellow, so does not.

67 mins: Camara's ball in is not quick enough to reach Diouf, and Yuvoladio manages to scoop it over the bar for a Senegal corner.

65 mins: Muamba's header down across the penalty area misses everyone - just one touch would have had it in the net.

63 mins: Bakasu's powerful header from a DR Congo corner is headed off the line by Daf with Sylva beaten.

61 mins: Coly clears his penalty area with a diving header as the Simbas press on for an equaliser.

60 mins: Senegal wins a corner after a freekick from the centre circle. Ndiaye plays the corner but Alassane Diao's header went wide.

59 mins: A Senegalese corner is played short by Sylvain Ndiaye but Fadiga fails to latch on to the return.

58 mins: Aliou Cisse is being stretchered off. Play is held up briefly.

56 mins: Senegal go on the counter-attack, but a square pass to Henry Camara is too short.

50 mins: DR Congo waste a corner. Coly clears away and Kimoto was late to save the ball from going out of touch.

49 mins: Diouf decides to take on his markers but he put too much power to the ball and it goes over for a goal kick.

47 mins: Freekick to Senegal on the edge of the box. Congolese make changes, Lisasi out and in comes Mbongo Tekumu. Freekick stepped over by Fadiba but Ndiaye send the ball wide.

46 mins: Senegal kick off the second half.

Senegal 1-0 DR Congo

45 mins: The referee blows for half-time on what is already the best of the four quarter-finals.

42 mins: Lua-Lua wins a duel against Coly. He sends a cross in but no team mate is available to finish.

41 mins: Lua-Lua's name goes into the book.

38 mins: Camara finds himself in space in the DR Congo penalty area as the Simbas scream for offside, but his first touch is woeful. Had it been better, he would certainly have scored.

35 mins: Muamba puts in an awful tackle on Ferdinand Coly. Coly stamps on Muamba in retaliation, and a melee results. The referee books both players.

34 mins: Manzangala has a great chance to equalise as the Senegal defence drifts away from him into the centre, but his finish is very poor.

33 mins: Fadiga gives the ball away needlessly, but DR Congo's attack breaks down again.

29 mins: GOAL - Senegal 1-0 DR Congo Fadiga swings a great cross from a free-kick into the DR Congo box, and Diao glances a header past Tokala.

26 mins: Tokala takes well from a promising Senegal attack.

25 mins: A succulent show of skill by Diouf he beats his marker but fails to sending in a good cross.

24 mins: Manzangala eventually comes on for Mulekelayi, who remains in agony on the side of the pitch.

23 mins: Lisasi has the best chance so far, but cannot beat the keeper. He wastes too much time contolling a decent cross and the ball is cleared away.

20 mins: Mulekelayi goes down in real agony trying to stop Senegal advancing. It appears he may have dislocated his knee. Senegal play on but Diouf boots it over the bar.

19 mins: Lua-Lua breaks past two Senegal defenders, but his cross is poor.

17 mins: Tokala makes a brilliant double save from Camara as the Senegal forward races through the DR Congo defence.

16 mins: Bageta is given a verbal warning by Italian referee Domenico Messina for fouling Henry Camara.

14 mins: A deep free kick finds Esengo in the box, but his header on only goes into the arms of Tony Sylva.

10 mins: Senegal have three good shots in succession. Each time Tokala manages to block the ball it runs loose, but first Diouf, then Camara and finally Fadiga cannot quite beat him.

9 mins: Esengo drives the ball across the box and is unfortunate to see no-one get on the end of it.

4 mins: Diouf finds himself offside.

3 mins: Muamba has a shot over the bar, but the fact that the central defender is so far up suggests there will be more attacking play in this game.

2 mins: Diouf goes on a run down the right, but his cross is dealt with well by the DR Congo defence.

1 min: The match kicks off, and Senegal appear to have three at the back and be going for an attacking formation.

Teams:

Senegal:1-Tony Sylva; 2-Omar Daf, 3-Pape Sarr, 6-Aliou Cisse, 13-Lamine Diatta, 17-Ferdinand Coly, 15-Alassane Diao, 20-Sylvain Ndiaye, 7-Henri Camara, 10-Khalilou Fadiga, 11-El Hadj Ousseynou Diouf.

DR Congo: 12-Paulin Tokala; 4-Yves Yuvuladio, 13-Dikilu Bageta, 20-Felix Muamba, 5-Essele Bakasu, 11-Papy Kimoto, 19-Marcel Mbayo, 10-Kanku Mulekelayi, 7-Pathy Nsele Esengo, 9-Lomana Tresor Lua-lua, 14-Jean-Paul Boeka