Habib,

The lady sitting on the left of President Jammeh is Mrs. Belinda Bidwell, a veteran educationist. She is one of the four nominated Members of the National Assembly and was elected, unopposed, as the next deputy speaker, replacing Mrs. Cecillia Cole who has retired.

The Statehouse Website has some dedicated as well as volunteer staff. I hope they will be adding a transcript of President Jammeh's one and a half hour address to the newly elected and nominated National Assembly members very soon. I heard the entire speech on the radio and liked it very much. It was also broadcast live on GRTS.

The website is: www.statehouse.gm

Another interesting site is Jammeh's presidential campaign site at:

www.jammeh2001.gm

Finally, it is with deep regret that I inform G-Lers of the death of Hon. Fabakary Cham, who was taken ill the day after he was nominated unopposed and has been hospitalised for the past few weeks. He passed away a day after the swearing inof the new National Assembly members. He was not sworn in as he was till admitted at the RVH, where he is reported to have died. He was nominated in the place of Musa Suso who is serving a five year prison sentence for drug trafficking.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-