Take it from me that I can survive without my present job. My contribution towards national development is there for all to see regardless of who is in power. If you must know, I have been responsible of Gamtel's planning unit for over eight years now. Prior to that I have walked in various sections from the network to cellular to telex and switching.

I do discuss politics on the L quite often, but if you follow my contributions you will realise that my main focus has been on developments taking place in the country. I happen to believe that we Gambians have a very big opportunity to help develop our country. This is only possible when people have access to balanced information. People need to know the other side of the coin, so to speak. You would be surprised to learn that many people appreciate these developments and taking advantage of them by starting business here and thus creating jobs for Gambians. Some people have scared the living daylight out of many Gambians living abroad by persistently looking for negative things to report. This would only lead to regrets by Gambians in the Diaspora. A few years ago, a sizable plot of land in Kanifing was afforadble by many Gambians. Nowadays, you would be lucky to have a 30 Metre by 30 Metre undeveloped plot of land in wellingara, Bijilo, Brufut, Tanje, Tujereng, sanyang, Jambangjelly, Sanyang, Bato Kunda for less than D100,000.00. The main reason is because of the easy access to these areas by the roads being constructed. If Gambians in the Diaspora do not know about these developments, they may have the shock of their lives when they come to settle and find our that they cannot afford to have their own compounds despite the many years they have spent abroad working very hard. I would hate to see returning Gambians becoming strangers in their own country because others from foreign countries, particularly Europe and the sub-region have bought all the best land in the country.

Finally if government did not want Gambian civil servants to discuss politics I do not think that they would have opened up two websites for Gambians to discuss issues of the day affecting all of us. Most of the computers with internet access are to be found in government offices and schools. Pamodou Jobe, I did not come to Gambia-L for any recognition or commendation. I just happen to believe in what the government is doing.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-