By and large scholars of  philosophy and historians have been trying to pinpoint the real cause of the destruction of highly civilsed nations like that of Egypt and as far back as the Atlantis. this findings have different outcomes, but the fact that when leaders of a nation disregard the interest of their people, making them second hand priorities and their own survival at the top of the scale of preference, ultimately they failed in their pursuit of sefish gain and the consequent  destruction of the people.
We might blame it on colonialism, when the interest of the british was first and the natives of their colonies secondary priorities. The British empire fell to the ground by the resitance of the natives. We might again blame it on the leadership of the post colonial era, when spoilt brads of the colonial era took over the land in the name of the interest of the natives but end up rather sticking to their slogans of independence put their interest first by sucking the blood of their own brothers. Enriching themselves and reducing the nation and its people to the bottom of the scale of preference. That is why they failed and the nations lose.
When the people got tired of them opportunist took advatange of the situation and force, and kill the inocent people in the name of truth, transperancy, eradication of the endemic coruption, and restoration of human dignity and freedom.
Military juntas parading under slogans, composed for them by intelectual prostitutes ruining, neglecting the responsibilities of the state and slowly at times , fastly almost all the time causing the slow death of our histories, our culture, our nation and our dignity as human beings. They will fail just as the pharoahs of Egypt and other dictators.
Kebba Sanneh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~