Hello everyone,
I have had the privilege to listen to this song "Act On Aid - Rights Is Our Empowerment" even before it was completed and I've got to tell you that it is absolutely GREAT, both, message-wise and music creation/production.

You can get a copy of the CD or Audio Cassette, absolutely free of charge, by requesting for it directly from ActionAid The Gambia. Just send an email to both of the following addresses [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] - include your postal address.

The album includes "Act On Aid - Rights Is Our Empowerment" in six different languages; English, Wollof, Pulaar, Mandinka, French and Portuguese.

The following article and lyrics of the song "Act On Aid - Rights Is Our Empowerment" was culled from GambiaNet.com

Have a nice day.
Lamin Bah

Elie Nachif still sits on the highest quality
Posted Tuesday, March 12, 2002 by Eric Orji

I once heard someone say that the size of a country determines what it will offer, I mean in entertainment. The guy forgot that countries like Sudan are occupying a wide land mass and still we can't point our nose to any exclusive entertainer from there. He wanted to support his unharmonised ballad when he sited America as the only example. Yes, we had singers like James Brown, Sam Cooke and others, but as well we had African brilliant singers in that same old date.

Presently, we have chains of famous western (not only American) singers and bunch of African reigning singers. If American singers vomit wonders, then their engine maintenance lords are just beyond magicians. And since African music is more of variety blendings, the pestle and mortar pounders are unarguably much more than American button pressers (producers).

They say Gambia is one of the smallest countries in the world and so
everything about it is small or rather, 'petit'. But some of the "they" that said go mouth agape when they visit and make a music prowl enquiry.

Sometimes they're first led through struggling studios before a voluntary Good Samaritan decides to bring them to Gambia's music fate, Yellowgate Studios. The exclamation most times exceeds the enigmatic holler when their most yearned for happens. It's all to quickly clean the underrated words they've poured out before stepping the country. "Wow! This is advancement in miles. It's more equipped than all the studios I've worked in," says a Dutch studio engineer when he visited Yellowgate Studios last November. A Swiss
singer said: "I've recorded two albums, but none has reached the production peak I've always dreamt. When I came to Gambia the first time, I had the opportunity to visit Yellowgate Studios, and when I listened to some of the productions I had a quick change of mind. To properly achieve the best of my style of reggae and African sound fusion, my next album must be at Yellowgate." It's a long list of what they said (to replace their distant impressions).

You think Americans are not pondering on the tinted-glass exquisite
production of Yellowgate? Check out the success feat of Oussou Njie Seņor's "Fataaleku Project CD". At the surface taste of the thirteen-tracker skilful and careful brush of magical fingers of wonderful Elie Nachif, lucky Los Angeles Annonym Records embraced the pack. It's presently one of the ruling seals of World Music. And if you're thinking that's the successor of Yellowgate Studios' international kingdom, then rewind your tape to predecessors like huge Japanese Project, British soundtracks, German documentaries, and I could fill this mini column.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Elie Nachif is the living testimonial
transparency that leads to flying quality productions. The genius found his way to the crest by virtue of the vibrancy of his undying music production prowess. When he touches the dullest of songs it turns to glittering diamond. He makes the most off-key singer a soaring pitch artist. Elie leaves unimagined beats to flourish on a flat singing and the listeners go dizzy in sentimental chain. His unique merging of the piano, horns, strings, bass guitar, drums, kora, vocal harmonies and the entire brilliant other stuff that makes sound is still a marvelling mystery.

Recently, Elie blessed and ordained The St. Joseph's Choir with UNICEF sponsored six-track album entitled "Child's Rights & Girls' Education". Elie stood out singers like Famara "Shorty" Jammeh, Anna Senghore, and even my humble self (blush blush), with a master production on a song ("Bayko Mu Handorr").

The sweet mental awakening tune in the palms of ActionAid The Gambia is more than a yardstick to measure Elie's devotion to seeing poverty alleviated world, an AIDS free universe and a completely literate globe. The production maestro directed and produced the single "Rights Is Our Empowerment". Elie spread the wings to six different languages (English, French, Portuguese, Wollof, Mandinka and Pulaar).

It was one of his most tasking projects as various languages were involved and the video-clip was an attachment to each version. I needed to know what it took him to arrive at the message transmitting and empowering song, but the 24/7 (every hour) studio guru wouldn't be too chanced to talk much. He gave me a compact answer. "It was a project I added my in-depth self because of the cause pursued. It was meant to reach the denied, empower the poor, create AIDS awareness and boost the spirit of the weak," he says.

"It was one of my best collaborations. I mean, with the ActionAid's team whom I worked with, it was a brilliant experience, they're just wonderful people. The country director, Sylvia Wachuku-King, exuded a comprehending and inviting politeness that welcomes you and adds extra confidence to your ability. She is much more than a role model."
The continual quality rate of Yellowgate Studios reveals the firmness of Elie's seat on the topmost tip. If the present trend of music dies and the dancing flock falls down in tears, Elie will evoke the phantom of floating spiritual sounds and the slumping music lovers will wake into the new wave.

Elie Nachif is the bright day light of our music scene. Hey, wake the
snoring egghead cynics, it's time to testify and submit his due appreciation, gratitude, ovation and encomium.

"Act On Aid - RIGHTS IS OUR EMPOWERMENT" - A Yellowgate Production

Lyrics

Verse 1
Is it hard to live life?
Want to know your basic rights?
act!onaid (act-on-aid) The Gambia is here
Get to know your basic rights.

Verse 2
act!onaid (act-on-aid) The Gambia
Fight the root of poverty
Time for change must begin today
This is what we have to say

Chorus
People need shelter, food, clothing and health
Education is for all, both boys and girls
Empowering the poor and respecting their views
Let's protect all,
Respect their rights to be heard

Break

Verse 3
Women too must be heard
Give them all equality
Collaborate with the NGOs,
Governments and CBOs

Chorus
People need shelter, food, clothing and health
Education is for all, both boys and girls
Empowering the poor and respecting their views
Let's protect all
Respect their rights to be heard

Boy: "By the way.what is CBO?"
Girl: "What? You want to tell me you don't know what CBO is?"
Girl: "It means.Community Based Organisation"
Boy: "Community Based Organisation"

Bridge
Everyone needs someone else to care
act!onaid (act-on-aid)
Act on reality
Transparency that's what it takes to share
To live in peace, work in peace, free from all fear

"Lobby and influence anti-poor policies"

Verse 4
act!onaid (act-on-aid) The Gambia
Campaign against the spread of AIDS
HIV/AIDS kills young and old
Unless we stand and fight its hold

Chorus
People need shelter, food, clothing and health
Education is for all, both boys and girls
Empowering the poor and respecting their views
Let's protect all,
Respect their rights to be heard

Break

Chorus
People need shelter, food, clothing and health
Education is for all, both boys and girls
Empowering the poor and respecting their views
Let's protect all,
Respect their rights to be heard

Speech
Don't become a dumping ground
For foreign food and worthless goods
Secure yourselves by growing your own food
Store them up for hungry times
Grow enough food
Protect your own seeds

"What?"

"Lobby and influence anti-poor policies"

Chorus
People need shelter, food, clothing and health
Education is for all, both boys and girls
Empowering the poor and respecting their views
Let's protect all,
Respect their rights to be heard

Repeat Chorus till End..

YOU CAN GET A FREE CD COPY OF THIS SONG AND FIVE OTHER DIFFERENT (LANGUAGES) VERSIONS. REQUEST FOR YOUR FREE CD THROUGH E-MAIL:
[log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~