Mr. Njie,

Frankly speaking, I started reading the US State Department's human rights report on The Gambia but stopped soon after. I found the report long, repetitive and absolutely boring. I also have a strong feeling that the US itself has very little moral authority to judge us. Recent articles that I have read about US dometic and foreign policy and its inherent double standards were most compelling reasons for me not to continue reading the report.

Having said that, I am of the opinion that whatever improvements that this government makes whether in terms of human rights, good governance or rule of law can only add to their popularity at home and recognition abroad. The normalisation of relations between the US and Gambia is a very good step in the right direction. It at least shows to the whole world that there have been some significant improvements in the recent past to warrant this turn of events. Let us just hope that, for the sake of our people, this is just the beginning of better things to come.

Have a good day, Gassa.

Yero Mama, whatever compelled you to unsubscribe from the list for the time being, you will surely be missed. I shall send you a private mail very soon. In the mean time, rest assured that Jungle Sunrise is online till further notice. I wish you and your family all the best. Take care brother and good luck in all your endevours.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-