Mr. Krubally,

 I am glad you the information useful. There have been similar articles on eco-tourism the past few weeks but the thought of typing such long articles are a major discouraging factor. This particular one was published in the Daily Observer issue of March 7, 2002. However since you are involved in such a useful exercise, I will find out if the newly formed Tourism Development Authority has similar information online or whether they plan to do so.

In addition to the article about the Abuko Nature Reserve, there has been many similarly interesting articles that the Daily Observer publishes but they are often very long and require retyping as they are not put online. This can sometimes be a bit tedious. Other times, they are the opinions/observations of people and I am sometimes not comfortable putting them on the L as I cannot possibly defend them or have the writers defend themselves. Nevertheless I shall continue to post some of those I consider to be of use online.

One article that I would have really liked to post on the L is one on a current exhibition of paintings by Gambian and Finnish school children aged 6 - 12 years old. This project, started in 1999 by two Finnish school teachers namely Pirjo Latomake Jagne, a textile artist and Pirjo Vallius, a photographer futured paintings, photos, graphic works and stories of The Gambia and Finland by students of Muhammedan school, grades 1 - 4 and their Finnish counterparts. The exhibitions depict a variety of themes and has been exhibited in many museums both here in The Gambia and in Finland. What makes the exhibition very interesting for me are some of the interpretations given to their work. They are so interesting.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~