Better now than ever > cooperation and understanding featuring better Gambia and willingness of her people to commit intellectually
Do not think I ignored your comment on the issue at hand, I was to do that yesterday but due to time constrain dis-allowed me. This is really an interesting issue to ignore Joe. Anyway here we go:

 Again,  I reprove your statement of our avoidance to taking the hard way to success, If we are industrilized and powerful to make our own decision independently without been condition by the IMF and world bank, If the west are not still taking our natural resources and bring them into their industries with cheap price then return them back with higher price, thinks will be different.

Again you ´might say, and upon your own right, that we put ourselves into the mouth of  those powerful organizations. But the choice of our little country is so slim, again we claim that we do need all those financial assistance since the stone age of the Gambia independence because the reasons of taking them were met. Besides, we are having fishing industries and cotton but how many measures can we get from those to compete (In quantity)?

How much will the cultivators (farmers) gain in return of sacrifising their involvement? The fishing industry can be better hence there is a market both inside and outside the country. Evidently, working with international pelican seafood, regardless the home markets, supplies were sent up to Belgium , Scotland etc, just to name few. In that respects we should be markets and customers oriented, both internally and externally to generating more incomes for this particular sector given to us by the nature.

Talking about the Guinean heating the road with few cigarettes boxes as such. Those do not come with their families at the start and you and me are having families depending on us, moreover, if you and me was seen with those table like Guineans, we will not be able to get girl friends or our girl friends will quit. Therefore, such things will not work for us.

The other part is that those Guinean are investing in our economy because at the end of the day, they are Gambians settle with all the wealth they made and even employ local people. How about the Mauritanians who are taking all the wealth they made back home. You can see the banks giving loan to foreigner to do business and reject the Gambian , In these way, is it encouraging or discouraging? The Lebanese people have the same facilities to make them rich and their care for one and other to become something.

Have a pleasant day

Edi