Sanusi,

While you might see it as political prostitution, I see it as realism and pragmatism combined.

Do you recall a few weeks back when it was reported that M. Andre had been posted to Dakar from where he was to oversee Banjul? Well, it seems that he was actually working with colleagues in Dakar to "ensure that The Gambia benefits rapidly from these new administrative provisions", according to the EU release.

By the way, was there ever a press release from the government explaning whether he was expelled or not? I seem to recall that when he was allegedly expelled from the country, with barely a few months only left of his tenure, he was said to be on holidays back home. At the time I thought it was very odd expelling someone whose tenure had almost ended.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~