Joe,

Actually history must be re visited in order to move on in the present day we live live. And no it never occurred to me that you or even Fye promoted hate . I was just concerned at the message we were sending to the young ones who look up to us as role models.Otherwise they may think it is normal to make blanket classifications and get away without knowing the reprecussions.

Even amongst the Arabs they discriminate amongst each other by how much money they have. The rich only associate with the rich and the ladder goes down by your $$$ dollar worth.

Because of the British Colonialism and the divide and rule colonial style we have developed a mentality of abandoning our cultures , civilizations , names  and methods of governing (chieftaincy) to accommodate the "better" European standards imposed on us and our forefathers.. Look at some villages that the man made colonial boundaries cuts right in the middle of them. I can go on and on with numerous examples of the evils of of colonial mentality  that we are not even conscious of.  We were high jacked emotionally into looking down on our selves- one of the reasons many of our sister bleach their skins is because our very own brothers prefer "musso koi sa sa boro" and they want to attract the brothers so naturally they get "hessal"

Joe ,  here is a typical example we also have in the Gambia in common. read on;

I travel to the middle East a lot and many times Arab companies have to carry  a white person with them because the same Arabs over there who are owners of the projects etc  do not think that their fellow Arabs are good engineers as the White counterparts .

In the Gambia if the Contractor is a Tubab Company they are deemed good and win the bid but if they are local or a fellow Gambian they are not good enough to win the bid so these qualified Gambians have to hire an unqualified expatriate just to get a contract from their own Gambian government.

Does that sound familiar?

The list is soooo long  but  I hope you get my point.

Best regards

Habib

HDG