Yus,

I have never been to Kanilai and it is highly unlikely that I would be doing so in the foreseeable future. It is therefore very unlikely that I may be able to shed any more light about what is there and what is not there. Secondly, even if I did, you are more likely to think that my account of events is not true just like you have on a number of occasions recieved my posts. Hamat Bah, on the other hand, would certainly not cover up for Jammeh and had he seen anything remotely resembling all that we have heard and read about the place, he would certainly have tried to make political capital out of it.

Finally, If Jammeh asks the opposition to be meeting with his government regularly to discuss issues of national interest, it is up to the opposition to take him on his offer. This, in my opinion would dispel a lot of the misunderstanding between them and make way for constructive dialogue between them. An opposition that has a cordial relation with a sitting government is more likely to be able to influence that government's policies and programmes than one that is seen as being hostile to it. This is only natural. If the opposition takes him on his invitation to be meeting regularly and discussing issues of national interest then we are more likely to have development with peace. These are my views on the issues of article.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~