Bakary and Sanusi,

Unfortunately I cannot oblige you with any specifics. However, I have found some useful suggestions in your respective posts vis-a-vis, the feelings of those concern and their families. Perhaps what is not coming out clearly from my stance concerning these socalled human rights violations of this government is the fact that whilst I sympathise with some, I strongly hold some to be partly responsible. I might not be able to convince you, but believe you me, most of these could have been avoided if only all moved away from the brinkmanship that had characterised Gambian politics of yesteryears. Like I said before, there had been a lot of provocation from both the UDP and AFPRC/APRC. In my opinion both parties had employed thuggery and unsavouray behavior. You see when things deteriorate to such situations there are bound to be victims. It is the responsibility of all to exercise restraint more so those who do not have the advantage of being in control of the security forces and government. Failing that there are bound to be victims and most would most probably be from the opposition. That is why I said that I tend to blame some of them.

Now that things have calmed down a bit, let's just pray that things would continue to be so. As Gambains, we all have a role to play in the development of the country. And as such, we should not dis-agree to the point of wanting to anhilate each other. Anybody whose believe is so strong that you do not care about your life, if that life is taken, you would only have yourself to blame. Unfortunate perhaps, but that is my stance.

Sanusi, some of the specific incidents that you highlighted have been so much disputed by many who are supposedly involved, that it is difficult to know who to believe.

Momodou Olly Mboge, I have very little time to debate non-issues. If you have something useful to contribute to any debate, you are welcome. Otherwise keep your peace as I do not have the time for slander and other non-productive engagements that benefit no one. That is last Butut on this issue as far as you are concerned.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-