----- Original Message -----

From: momodou olly-mboge <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:43:02 -0500

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Mr. Sanneh:Re: Re: Musa Jeng, Re:Dampha's observations on Dr. Saine

Mr Jassey-Conteh,

since you are the custodian of 'constructive engagment' on this forum, why don't u engage your mentor SM on his behaviour as a speaker.  His behaviour towards Halifa during the first sitting of the house of NAMs is contemptuous to say the least.  How can a speaker who is suppose to be custodian of the observance of procedure and adherence to the rules of the house be curt  on an elected member who insisted that such rules should not be undermined in anyway.

Since you claimed your days of political indifference are gone, i do not expect silence on this issue.  After all the decisions made by the NAMs affect the lives of all Gambians.

Mboge

Mr. M'boge:

I am sorry that I did not read your message on time.  I am glad that we can constructively debate issues of concern that might yield understanding in our desire for a democratic Gambia.  I am  really moved by your invitation to debate. I was worried that you were disappointed at my change of political acceptance of the APRC government.  I want to assure you that I will never be afraid to speak my mind if I  see any inconsistencies.

On the issue of house rules, I am afraid that I cannot address the speaker's decision on Hon. Halifah Sallah.  I think it is fair for Hon. Sister FJ. Ceesay to set light on this issue.  I am convinced within a reasonable doubt that my old point of political indifference is gone.  I longer have the desire to attack any Gambian's right.  I will, however,  point out arrogance and indifference of behavior.

I just want to assure you that, though I support SM, I will never sell my soul to agree with every decision he makes.  In fact, I am of the opinion that our marriage with the APRC government should not negate us to point out any inconsistencies of behavior on Jammeh's part.

I was further shocked by Sister FJ Ceesay's doctrine of a free ride for Jammeh in 2006.  That will be the most disastrous thing in a political democracy.  I hope we can forget our differences and organize ourselves for 2006.  Every Gambian has a right to seek the presidency.  I hope we can understand that our responsibilities in a political democracy can only happen if we have a desire to personally go home and fight for what we believe in.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~