There is a Mandinka saying which goes like "fang neneh musula abay ni fo****** tema." Meaning, lie about having a wife all you want, the fact of the matter is that the reality or otherwise is between you and your dingilingi. Gassama is a sycophant, incompetent or otherwise, is for me to know and you to find out. Fact of the matter is that I am living a very fulfilled life here in my own country without anything to fear in the world. Having travelled the world over, the chicken has come home to roost.

Secondly, I donot need or care about anybody's opinion of me. As far as I am concerned, The Gambia belongs to all of us and none of us has a monopoly of the ideas needed to move it forward. While it is anybody's right to hold a different opinion, it is downright dishonest to try to impose your thoughts on others. Those days are gone for good!!

I cannot, for the life of me, understand how the narrow-minded bigots on this list, who are blinded with rage for the change that occured in our country in 1994, cannot still come to terms with the reality in our country. These people would lie about people they hardly know simply because rather than having their own opinions, they are owned by others' opinions. This is very evident from the way they solicite each others support in anything ranging from the trivial to the downright diabolical. Rather than offering concrete facts to support their ill-informed and ridiculous ideas about the country and people, they would try to brand people of opposite views. Take an arsehole like Ams. This guy has never, to my knowledge, written anything that even resembles an idea and yet he wants to be taken seriously. The other frustrated angry and myopic bigots take comfort in being seen "to belong and towing the line". Very pathetic, if you ask me. To these herd, I am saying that unlike some who've been hounded from this list, I would remain your living nightmare!!! No amount of label or lies would deter me and you can take that to the bank.

Finally, as the Mandinka proverb goes, "Allal fang neneh musola dorong". The first republic is truely dead, long live the second!!

Have a good day, Gassa.

KB, the construction of what might turn out to be the biggest mosque in the country is currently at a very advanced stage. It is being built at the Sere Kunda praying ground by Sere kunda school and is being sponsored by none other Col. Ghadafi. It seems that good news from our country never ceases.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~