Yours truly - Haruna.
From: Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
On Wednesday/Thursday(10th/11th April), Ebrima Barry’s spirit together with
his colleagues, 12 young people, will be speaking to our conscience as
Gambians! Their tragedy is a glaring manifestation of society in oppression!
Let us in any little way possible show that we care. During these two days
let everyone on this forum send an ’I Care!’ (or any fitting heading
)message to the State House website.
To the ardent supporters of The APRC: Party affiliation aside let these two
days be observed in the memory and spirit of Ebrima Barry and his
colleagues who followed him in death!
To Mr. Pa Modou Gassama: Independent of what anybody may say, the truth is
you are among the very finest engineers our country can boast about. At the
same time i genuinely believe that you are more than the Professional at
Gamtel or the Optimist on Gambia-L. Simply put, you are positively more than
what we read on Gambia-L. You are a Father! I am appealing to you! Let us
observe these two days together by temporarily shelving the great
achievements of the APRC on Wednesday and Thursday. Let us use our time to
formulate a message that depicts a unanimous stance that reads: the sanctity
of life should not be compromised for the material and tangible building of
schools and roads! For if ever there was an eclipse of The Sun Rising in our
West African Jungle, April 10th/11th was proof beyond all reasonable doubt!
Lamin Sanyang
"God grant me the serenity to accept
the things I cannot change, the courage
to change the things I can, and the wisdom
to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Please excuse the grammar and typo errors! I will not mind a correction!