Sister Astrid,

This persons's point of view is probably not representative of  muslims as a whole. I think he is mixing his personal  tribalism and nepotism into Manu's position. you are right I would rather have a person who does not hide his true nature than a hypocrite any day for obvious reasons -trust!!! Even if Manu was not a Gambian  but a legal immigrant for that matter and he is qualified I would vote for him. Look at us here in the USA there are many  recent immigrants who get to the highest levels of government jobs because they qualify for the job. Please let us not start this division . It is not worth the headache.An efficient Mayor who cares for the city and the country is what counts most  not a Jola, gurmet, sering  or Aku or Jollof . This is unbelievable

I mentioned the last time it is WRONG to even suggest a person's religion ,tribe ,class or creed . What matters most to ME  and many Gambians I am sure  in my humble opinion is one thing only his qualifications.If he is the best man for the job then he should get it based on performance and his willingness to do the job well.

Have a nice day

By the way I happen to know manu and he is not a bad choice at all(in my opinion)

HDG
>From: "Astrid M. Christensen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: THE MAYOR OF BANJUL CONTROVERSY
>Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:23:20 +0000

HDG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~