Folks

I believe this is a good development strategy and Gambians and friends of the Gambia in the west can help. People in the west can use their contacts to solicit internet ready PCs, even olds ones, and donate them to primary/secondary schools in the provinces.

Many of the villages in the Gambia have access to telephone lines but not other facilities like the Post Office or public libraries.So a PC connected to the internet in a small village will not only help the primary school pupils to download  academic materials such as past exams papers but can also be use to print and distribute mails in the form of e-mails.People who cannot afford international calls in the village can also use the facility to send e-mails to relatives abroad.

So please let those who have the connections in the west do their best to help our motherland.This has nothing to do with who is in power today or tomorrow, this is about directly helping our rural people especially the rural children attending primary/secondary schools with very little resources.

Just a thought.

Gai

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~