Yus,

I would appreciate it if you would please stick to facts that you are sure of. The links showing GSM coverage areas of the Africel and Gamcel networks have nothing to do with the rural radio networks I have referred to in my earlier posts. The WLL pilot network I referred to in my earlier posts is an IRT 2000 wireless network developed by Philips and deployed in the URD ONLY!!!!!!!!

Another wireless network currently being deployed is a BESTAR WLL. The BESTAR network is more widespread than the IRT 2000 and is mostly in the NBD, LRD and CRD. The deployment of this started only a few weeks ago if you don't know.

If you must know also, we also have plans to deploy a wider coverage wireless local loop network by another leading WLL company covering over 100 villages this year. So before lying about what wireless networks exist here ask those who are in the know.

It is important to note also that I did not respond to your inquiry for mediocrity sake. I had thought that you genuinely wanted to know. I also told you of the lost opportunity of 1994 of my own volition, if you do not know that by now!!!!! Unlike you I do not have to lie about it. It happened and we've got over it. We are looking forwards and not backwards. By the way, have you ever heard of the Blaire Initiative For Education? Find out brother.

Finally, the extract of the article on the radio network deployed in Somalia does not indicate when it was deployed and says nothing of whether it has anything to do with the original ITU proposal to launch pilot rural telecommunications projects in Laos, Somalia and Gambia in the early 1990s.

Coming to whether rural telecommunications is profitable or not depends on the type and cost of the equipment deployed, their durability, running costs and usage. Just to put this in its proper perspective, our branch in Brikamaba generates at least 5 times more revenue per week for us than our Latri-Kunda Mampatakoto branch in Sere Kunda. To buttress this point, have you ever heard of the C.dot Rax from India? Well this rural exchange, five of which we have deployed in 5 major rural towns such as Kerewan, Numuyel etc, connects 180 customers, needs no airconditioning and costs only $8,000.00. Compare that with the ASCOM Ericsson deployed in Barra that needs airconditioning, connects 144 customers and costs about $1 million Swiss Franks.

You promised to debunk the lies that I am spreading here, please do so rather than going haywire on me. But you must first discard the link you posted earlier because it has absolutely no relevance to what we are discussing.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-