Yus,

If you want to promote the latest GSM technology, please be my guest. Like I said earlier, I never thought that I would be wasting so much valuable time going back and forth over nothing. You see Yus, I hate deception. I just hate deception, period. If you have any good suggestion for the betterment of the country and wish to divulge it that's fine with me. If on the other hand you just want to be sly, you can still go ahead but please spare me. Throughout the weekend we've been going back and forth over very trivial things that has no benefit for anyone.

You asked some pertinent questions which I thought were apolitical; I gave you as much information as I could gather from memory, but still you keep going from one silly argument to another. For the last time, and I really mean the absolute last time I am going to discus this issue with you or anyone else for that matter, I don't care what the government's plans for rural Internet connectivity is. I don't give a damn about what the latest cellular phones or any wireless technology is capable of. All I care about is how we can make a difference in the lives of the disadvantaged in our country. Whatever technology that can help is ok with me.

As far as I am concerned, whatever new technology we want to deploy in The Gambia should be proven technology that will lead to some improvement over whatever we have at the moment. I do subscribe to the notion that because it is new and may have potential then we should go for it regardless of the consequencies. I am always for proven technology and not for potential technology. There are a lot of things that we can use our meagre resources on.

If you are driven by what the radio/telecommunications industry promises, I am not. I am more interested in what is most suitable for us in The Gambia considering our geography. For your information, I am very much abreast with modern technological evolusions taking place in the wireless world. My job is to guide management as well as government as to what strategy is best suited for our country in terms of technology, cost and benefits. Got it? I hope so, 'cause I'm not gonna spend my time discussing stupid scenarios when I know what our priorities are.

What sometimes puzzles me about you is the fact that on many occasions you tend to be open-minded and go by your instincts, whilst on other occasions you act as if you haven't  got a clue of your surroundings. Are you bloody well, for God's sake? Geez, I'm outta here.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~