Joe,

With a madman at the helm of things in the white house, surrounded by warmongers who are only interested in testing their countless arsenal of lethal smart weapons with the ultimate aim of dominating the world, woebetide any Arab state that, as much as tries to even smuggle weapons to the Palestinians to help them defend themselves. In my opinion, the best leverage that the Arab states have at the moment is the oil they produce that both the US and Israel so badly need. They should threaten or actually reduce the amount of oil they are producing drastically to make their voices heard. If the cost of fuel starts to skyrocket, queues start forming at Gas stations in US and EU cities, production costs start going up and hurting businesses and both the US and Israeli military start running out of gas, then they will pause to think again. Unfortunately, this is very unlikely especially with puppet regimes such as the one in Saudi Arabia strongly supporting this "war against terror", whatever that means.

Since the 911 attacks and the beginning of the "war against terror" in which "if you are not with us, you are against us", horrendous acts of unimaginable magnitude are being perpetrated against ordinary people in Chechynia, Afghanistan and Palestine. What makes it even worst is the fact that even the UN, which is supposed to be neutral, has joined those who are urging a besieged Arafat to do more to stop the violense against "innocent Israeli citizens". It makes you wonder if the whole world hasn't gone mad.

Another thing that I find very perplexing is the fact that those closest to Bush, in the persons of Collin Powel and Condeleza Rice who, as descendants of one of the most oppressed people in the world and whose people have been subjected to all forms of dehumanizing conditions for centuries, the same way that the Palestinians are being subjected to, are the same bigots advising George W. Bush. These shameless bigots are even advising him to make contingency plans to attack war-ravaged Somalia, an African country whose people have been living under terror, farmine and hunger for over a decade now. I wonder when or where it will all end.

Have a good day, Gassa.

PS: Buharry, thanks for the forwards and keep them coming. The least we can do is to learn about the fate of those we are helpless to help.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~