Thank you Lamin. I think Edi should thank you for your effort and must publicly assign you agency (power of attorney) to re-present his thoughts here for him. You do a wonderful job and you have not introduced any meaning that Edi did not intend. Meanwhile, Edi can merrily read on to improve himself so that he can resume writing to this honourable List.

I see he has responded to my jab but I have not read it yet. I wonder what he's telling me. If I were in his position, I will probably be writing in one of my local languages, perhaps using English alphabets. Otherwise, I will employ the services of a Lamin Sanyang and be appreciative. That will say more about my character that grandstanding and being defensive. At the end of the day, I will not have achieved my aim of communicating my thoughts to L subscribers.

My daughter is so humbled that you have taken it upon yourself to assist Edi without his asking. Thank you Lamin.

Ron,
When i read Edi the following is what my brain cells tell me, and i think i
get his drift. Please read on!

My dear friend,

Thanks to you too Joe, I have to admit........

Les plus importants transformations sont les modifications "accidentelles".
Yours truly - Haruna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~