To Mr. Tarutis and all who've been distressed by the infantile exchanges of the past days,

For my part, I wish to apologise most sincerely for causing you and many others much distress and contributing to your wish to be de-listed from the list for now. In most cases I do not like going down this low, but this can be very difficult at times. Whereas there are many who oppose this government and for very genuine reasons, there are others whose opposition to the government is strictly personal and has nothing to do with the national interest. The former are willing to watch and see if the government takes some measures to address their concerns. Such people, and there are many on this list, would acknowledge any progress made while condemning any excesses. This is perfectly understandable.

By the same token however, there are a few who cannot, under any circumstances, acknowledge any progress the government makes nor would they allow anyone else to do so. These people would not even want to differentiate between the APRC as party, its members as individulas or collectively as a government. Such persons would not allow anyone to show any form of appreciation of anything that the government does. To these people there is no grey area/middle ground. To them you either have to continuously condemn the government or you are attacked from all sides.

What has happened these past days is absolutely disgraceful, especially when comes from people who claim to be matured professionals who have the interest of the country at heart. Once more, please accept my sincere apology and please reconsider your wish to be delisted.

In future, I shall do my utmost to stick to issues being discussed while ignoring those who may be inclined to go the other way. There are too many good things to report in the days, weeks, months and years to come. Watch out this space.

List mangers,

I hereby request to be de-listed without warning should I go down this path in the future and by the same token, I hope that when I am the subject of personal attacks and I complain, my complaints would be seriously looked into.

Have a good day, Gassa.

There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~