In fact I began to believe that maybe my comprehension of the reason behind this forum differed in significant way from that of my colleagues in the forum just like how the how Tony Blair and his master Bush’s views in comparison to Iraq and israel’s rejection to UN resolutions on occupation and denying access to fact findings team. The true picture is clear but eyes don’t want to set on them due bias judgments hatred to the other's guts.

To my understanding, the forum stood to discuss the problems of our beloved nation and help intellectually to burst up progress for a better Gambia than ever. On the other hand, I believed, that it’s turning to be a forum of hatred and bitterness within the participants who are arguing without showing us a possible ways forward. A down fall of a man is not the end of his life if he took precussions during the best times, Time is however the master hence lesson have already been thought.

Our CONTINGENCY plan demanded that we be present at the cyber space for possible extrusion of the Back-Step scaffold, a stipulation that cut down our range and frustrat our efforts to observe our nation. However, this demand is doubly difficult to observe because the scaffold never seems to appear due to lack of understanding and mutual respect within participants.

To some people, non of the development back home will keep out a heavy rain or deflect a hawling wind, unlike my opinion, they are clearly capable of providing shade during the day and sense of womblike security at night to the life of the ordinary gambians on the ground. For example, the offices they are building or the investments taking place will at least create jobs for ordinary citizens, the offices and building around the kairaba avenue or the roads etc, are part of incentives to motivation of foreign companies to invest in the country which as well, is job creation for ordinary citizen. The university and additional schools television station will still creat additional jobs. In addition to that it will educate more people at least to a basic stage, That is a clear agenda to me. But insulting the government personnel prove nothing as an agenda of being better in their position to me. Therefore, I still stood on my stance of favouring some of the government’s approaches till I could see a clear agenda to creating far more better Gambia for all.

It doesn’t matter who is sending money to your family to coinside with the structural development that Jungle is talking about. Sending money to our family should be a mandatory to every gambian living abroad hence the government connot be responsible for those part of the plain. Secondly, there is no government in this world that is paying 100% school fees for her people, therefore Gambia should not be an acception to that , lets call a spade a spade. Quoting from from Mutta Barukka’s reggae sung as such, (IT’S NOT GOOD TO LIVE IN A WHITE MAN’S COUNTRY SO LONG) is quite profunded statement hence it blended us in the believes of realities to comparing development propects disregarding the fact that it is unfair to compare a develop country to developing. Call me stupid if you deny me the facilities to be cleaver as well as calling me lazy if you don’t provide tools to make me active.

Some people are just blind to see the changes going on which was denied to us during the first republic and if others try to portray that facts on the ground, they are bribed or scared of abduction by the NIA or are searching for position in the government. These people who returned home should be applauded for their bravery and consistency instead of insulting their integrity. It is not any more funny or interesting reading some postings indicating such senseless approaches to people’s opinions. How can we agree to disagree if others thing there opinions contain the only fact beyong doubt? This is outrageous.

How can you call me a lair if you don’t produce a firm stance to your arguments to make me believe that I am what you said I am. We are not here to hate each other and deny the credits we ought to be given but to work on common good. That is better gambia for all. To achieve this, we ought to be open minded and strategically pursue to problems without offending the other. However, I think the participation of the people on the ground is quite creditable and a coward like myself should not be offended to, but civilisely make a point of urgument than abusing the author. We are all entittled to our opinion without hasitation or framing to be one sided of sort.

I wish we can respect each other on our opinions than insulting each other. I think the conversation between Dampha and Jungle with others is way out of track and wish they could make some compromise or avoid each other’s response. We can see why Africa is still behind regarding to political pruralism and the way we are pursuing to problems within ourselves. Of course I am not supporting the entire policies of the present regim yet I will surely accept the fact that they are far more better for my money than the previous government and I have defended my stance on that. This is the second republic and the comparison can be only correlated if with the first republic not the colonial time.

Better now than ever > cooperation and understanding featuring better Gambia and willingness of her people to commit intellectually

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~