Dave

Joe Sambou and sisters like Jabou know this special Banjul  vernacula , previlaged only to us Banjulians from Half Die esp.

Habib

HDG
>From: Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Re-Haruna Darbo
>Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:09:57 +0100
>
>"You did not respond to my question so that confirms that you are
> not an HalfDie ndongo! right"
>Nope, Habib am from Brufut Manneh Kunda and as such I would have to admit
>i really do not have a clue to what that is.
>
>Cheers
>Manneh
>
>Quoting Habib Ghanim <[log in to unmask]>:

Brother Dave

I know you always meant well and definately you were not trivalizing

> > Edi as you pointed. You are one of my stars on the L -fyi .I just wanted
> > to see how we can help him improve his English language
> > skills!

. You did not respond to my question so that confirms that you are

> > not an HalfDie ndongo! right?

Habib Diab Ghanim

HDG

>From: Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>

>To: [log in to unmask]
> >
>Subject: Re: Re-Haruna Darbo
> >
>Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:53:19 +0100
> >

>Dearest habib
> >
>I was never putting Edi down for his mastery of the
> > english language or lack of
> >
>it.
> >
>I've always suspected ( and this was confirmed by a
> > cousin/brother)that Edi is
> >
>in fact a very intelligent guy,and that all this stupid
> > incoherent gibberish is
> >
>done intentionally, that's all, nothinhg more, nothing
> > less. So i took it upon
> >
>myself to ask him to snap out of it:-)
> >
>I am no Sir Trevor McDonald, and there are countless
> > occasons when i sent
> >
>postings to the L and realised i did not do any
> > proof-reading or spell-
> >
>checking, but I always trust the intelligence of the
> > readership to grasp what i
> >
>intended to write/say. One example being when i wrote
> > "here are the names of
> >
>the prophet's closest allies and much more importantly
> > where THEY WERE died and
> >
>buried" in my rsponse to,(I think it was Joe sambou) with
> > regards to the
> >
>discussion on Bilal.
> >

>Thanx anyway
> >
>Manneh
> >

>Quoting Habib Ghanim <[log in to unmask]>:

Monsieurs Dave , Haruna et Sanyang,

Please let us give brother Edi a break .

Half a loaf is better than none. I commend him for trying and

> > admitting his errors..

I can say that many of use need some brushing to do , including

> > myself. Watch out the bambaras are my
> > gorros! If  brother Edi
> >
> > had a full academic year with (late )Father Little
> > at SAHS he would have
> >
> > been speaking the  perfect Queen's English or
> > "akabilah".

"Aigah nga deh issie akabilah?" I wait for your response to see if

> > you have passed the first course in  " Banjul
> > Ngongoh 101"

After all English is not his mother tongue.

Let's table this for now and see how we can help this brother

> > improve.

Take care and best regards,

Habib Diab Ghanim

oops ! forgot the spell check!!

HDG

>From: Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>

>To: [log in to unmask]
> >

>Subject: Re: Re-Haruna Darbo
> >

>Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:43:27 +0100

>Edi, perhaps you didn't understand what I wrote to you.
> >
> > The gist of it goes like
> >

>this:- That you Edi I've been told, is one intelligent
> >
> > guy, who for some
> >

>twisted reasoning of his thinks he will just write
> > stupid
> >
> > sentences on the L.
> >

>That was it my brother, nothing more nothing less.

>Perhaps if you copy and paste the email to the L,
> > people
> >
> > might be kind enough to
> >

>translate it into Bambaraa?TillBonka for you. I was not
> >
> > putting you down for
> >

>your diction and syntax, but rather trying to tell you
> >
> > stop being a joke and
> >

>write english you are capable of writing,and stop being
> >
> > twisted idiot. If you
> >

>call that morally repugnant or hypocritical then you
> > are
> >
> > even more twisted than
> >

>i think.AND with that i end all communictions with you
> > on
> >
> > this baseless ping-
> >

>pong game.

>Good day to you
> >

>Manneh

>Quoting Edi Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>:

Better now than ever > cooperation

> > and
> >

> > understanding featuring better Gambia and
> >
> > willingness of her people to
> >

> > commit intellectually>
> > >

> > src="http://graphics.hotmail.com/emthup.gif"
> >

> > width=12>

Thanks Mr professor Lamin Sayang who you "might be",

> > don’t know, making me mixed you up with a well
> >
> > respected Lamin Sayang in
> >

> > Finland which i really regret and sending my
> >
> > heartfelt apology to you
> >

> > Lamin and wish you will understood my plea. It
> > was
> >
> > really to my surprise
> >

> > before writing the response seeing a bogus
> > comment
> >
> > to my piece by
> >

> > someone who was all along trying to pay back for
> > my
> >
> > comments on his
> >

> > remarks seconded by a similar name of a person I
> >
> > hardly see but respect
> >

> > even though we are living in the same city.
> > Though,
> >
> > we spoke on
> >

> > telephone yesterday I still have to eat my words
> >
> > you and vomit it on
> >

> > this English professor Lamin Sayang of oxford or
> >
> > whereever graduate
> >

> > instead of Helsinki University. From the bottom
> > of
> >
> > my heart Mr Peter
> >

> > Lamin Sayang of Helsinki, I am sorry. I could
> > write
> >
> > you a privet mail
> >

> > too but it went through public mail and from
> > there
> >
> > it should be taken
> >

> > back and give to whom it belongs not you decent
> >
> > cool brother.

Whether you are trying to show your capabilities in

> > the
> >

> > language by changing my sentence, but I am very
> > sad
> >
> > seeing a professor
> >

> > like you correcting like this which university
> > were
> >
> > you graduated? If my
> >

> > Haruna does not understand my language and
> > syntax,
> >
> > Your quotations and
> >

> > syntax rearangement are even worst just read it.
> > As
> >
> > well dave Manneh
> >

> > wrote me a privet mail saying his brother some
> >
> > Lamin Manneh was reading
> >

> > my mail during his visit to his place and think I
> >
> > could do better on my
> >

> > syntax eros. I responded to him that, let the
> >
> > brother come on board to
> >

> > show us both how to write English Language
> > because
> >
> > Dave is not doing any
> >

> > better in the language, reading his postings. I
> >
> > hate hypocrites and if
> >

> > you think you can do better, be a man and do it
> > on
> >
> > the net that put us
> >

> > together than writing a privet mailrepugnantt shy
> >
> > in making mistakes
> >

> > hence i was just talking of perfection in my

> > you people’s attitudes are morally repugnent and
> > it
> >
> > should be clear to
> >

> > you by now that i am not a pushover type. Your
> >
> > pyromania acts are
> >

> > tasteless to decent people on the list.

However, Mr Haruna, you have finnish drinking your

> > feverfew enabling you to master your syntax
> >
> > arrangement and correct use
> >

> > of words in the dictionary. Will you please
> > promise
> >
> > never to write
> >

> > "Translational" instead of translation or
> >
> > translating ero. I told you
> >

> > once that you are so honest but I wish you
> >
> > understood my meaning of
> >

> > saying that. feel free and said whatever except
> >
> > insult or using hash
> >

> > word like saying what the hell was I saying or
> >
> > writing, that response
> >

> > will always be hell. If you need a civilise
> > debate
> >
> > I am ever ready just
> >

> > pick phrases I wrote and put me to task as i did
> >
> > you earlier, showing
> >

> > how honest you are. I am wasting my time to make
> >
> > you and your kind
> >

> > thinkers that like is not as you think it is.
> > Life
> >
> > is more than
> >

> > selfishness. I will therefor continue to use my
> >
> > time in educating you.
> >

> > In fact it will be a waste of time trying to
> >
> > educate you but instead I
> >

> > am giving the to the people's interest in my
> >
> > beloved country. Have you
> >

> > got a problem on that. Moreover, writing this
> > does
> >
> > not have to take me
> >

> > that long knowing were the keys are my friend. Of
> >
> > couse you will see a
> >

> > lot of spelling mistakes and even syntax which
> >
> > should show you the fact
> >

> > that I am not as perfect as you might think you
> >
> > are.  You can call
> >

> > me names but do not cross that boundry.

You think you are doing more good by being a critic

> > on
> >

> > everyone’s piece that doesn’t flatly condemn the
> >
> > regim bach home, but
> >

> > you know nothing and your cries will never
> > prevail
> >
> > hence it is a selfish
> >

> > cry. Once again Jammeh’s government is really
> > doing
> >
> > fine despite the bad
> >

> > human right record.

Have you ever red the Winter’s heart by Robert

> > Jordan?
> >

> > Saying The wheel of time turns, and Ages come and
> >
> > go, Leaving memories
> >

> > that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and
> > even
> >
> > myth is long
> >

> > forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes
> >
> > again
. Do you

> > really think you and your comments have impacts
> > on
> >
> > this government? Or
> >

> > are you looking for credit to be proud of after
> >
> > wasting your time and
> >

> > energy saying negative things only against the
> >
> > government with no
> >

> > impacts whatsoever or are you building up hope to
> >
> > your people back home
> >

> > that you have learn something? Well your strategy
> >
> > is not doing any good
> >

> > here for someone to be proud of but yourself. I
> >
> > have seen your senseless
> >

> > and putrid argument with others too and i can be
> >
> > punctilious too when i
> >

> > choose to. You are not a stranger to that hence
> >
> > this was not our first
> >

> > encounter.

Since then, my brother, I stopped reading your pieces

> > but delete them unless they contain my name.
> > Simply
> >
> > because, I am enough
> >

> > with your selfish cry as many people i spoke with
> >
> > agreed. Well my
> >

> > brother, you will hear more of me and if it
> > border
> >
> > you, just bite your
> >

> > nose. I have the same right as you do in this
> >
> > forum. Writing long pieces
> >

> > doesn’t border you but their contents, as well as
> >
> > trying to pay back to
> >

> > the headache on the home work i once gave you
> >
> > regarding your use of
> >

> > words. I know I am not perfect but so are are
> >
> > too.

Hence my contribution is once in a while not like

> > yours
> >

> > and i have work to do too. Moreover, I have the
> >
> > very right to say and
> >

> > support whoever and say whatever in a civilise
> >
> > manner. Lover boy, if my
> >

> > contribution hurt you or increase your migrain,
> > be
> >
> > careful or see your
> >

> > docters because it is going to come like rain and
> >
> > wish you survive
> >

> > from it.

edi

Better now than ever > cooperation

> > and
> >

> > understanding featuring better Gambia and
> >
> > willingness of her people to
> >

> > commit intellectually>
> > >

> > src="http://graphics.hotmail.com/emthup.gif"
> >

> > width=12>