"My brother Haruna"

Hey Jimbo, I responded to your mail calling me brother and chiding me for not being democratic. I'm sorry it was not posted to the list. It may have been because I called Jammeh an arse. Anyway, I will try cleansing it a bit and resending it with help from Momodous Sidibeh and Camara.

I addressed this business of calling me brother. I informed you that even though I understood what you meant by it, I do not feel comfortable having you address me as brother. I was certain you really should not feel comfortable calling me brother given my character, rudeness, undemocratic nature, etc. Therefore, allow me to decline the invite to be called your brother until I earn the respect/title from you.

"You are really rude and disrespectful to yourself and if I wanted to follow you, people might not see the different."

I am glad you decided not to follow me at the risk of people labelling you rude and disrespectful. This is actually a blessing in disguise. You have just demonstrated to our favourite Mullahs how self-regulation can be better than dictatorships and oligarchies. If everyone who is concerned about morality in speech can follow your example, insolence and vulgarity may be self-checked by adults. Wouldn't you agree?. Of course since I don't subscribe to hypocrisy and moral policing, I must continue to freely speak my mind - freely (in case Momodou Sidibeh thinks there is a difference), and insult when I deem appropriate.

"You started attacking me in many occasions but never you see insult in my responses."

Edi, the reason I did not see insults in your mails regarding yours truly, was because I thought you came to the conclusion that there is nothing to be insolent about in my mails. The insults I hurled at you were expressing my utter disgust at what you wrote to the L. BTW you do not have to address the mail to me to engender my expression of opinion on the topic. Like I said, when you open your big mouth on the L, you are responsible for what comes out of it. You must therefore be ready to defend it or receive reaction to it, sordid or sympathetic. This, I believe satisfies your next "sentence".

 "to make the long story shot (short), Do not please respond to my mails anymore because I don'(don't) engage (in) any kind of immoral behaviors only if trusted (thrusted) onto me.

Again, whether you engage in immoral behaviour or not, when you send mail to the L, it ceases to be your property. If you want your mail to belong to you, send it home for safekeeping or keep it to yourself.

"Therefore, Haruna I wish you a good luck in your searching for a companion."

I wasn't in search of a companion in you, but thanx anyway. I wish you luck too. You are just miraculous as Manneh would say.

That brings me to another important point. Just because you are afraid of defending your original thought, does not mean you wouldn't get the same treatment of mail you forewarded to the L. In other words if you're too chicken to send your own thoughts on a subject matter, hiding behind a forewarded mail that expresses your thoughts (only better) would offer you no sanctuary from yours truly. This goes for all those who think they atre not gonna get it when they foreward garbage here.

I would be remiss Edi if I did not respond to your insinuation in an earlier mail that I wanted Democracy. I wish to inform you that I couldn't care less about democracy. My quest in this life is Justice, honesty, and integrity. If that manifests itself in any cracy, feel free to associate me with that cracy. I abhor dictatorships and oligarchies. That means I detest them to the core. If you speak the truth, don't waffle like a frigging yoyo for the sake of compromise, and you demand justice, you can call me brother.

Les plus importants transformations sont les modifications "accidentelles".
Yours truly - Haruna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~