When things fall apart, people are always trying to blame each other for no reason whatsoever. It’s obviously nice to criticize someone, but in this forum people are cynical about criticism. All those precious times pondering and criticizing events back home without offering any solutions to their regards. Gambia and Gambians should try to engage each other in productive debates to help to the situations back home. Insults or pugnacious behaviors drives away more respectable individuals from visiting our side of the cyber space because people knows how gambians are regarding our political minds.

If we are ruled as well as living in a democratic countries, why should we ignore the practice of democracy and rule of law? We have to be mindful that, no matter how younger yahya jammeh is in comparison to some of us, he is a leader regardless the way he comes to power. Some of us are working to earn our livings under a boss who is much more younger than us even if we dislike him we cannot do anything but to coop with till we have someone better. Therefore age does not qualify us to be rude to one and other. If you want to gain respect you have to give some too. Gambia L is not talking to gambians only but internationally, therefore, we have to show them that we are that we are fighting (good governance and human right activists). I am sure if kofi Anan visits our side, he will be very disappointed.

The corruption and lack of respect to rule of law we are always talking and against, if we read our selves, we really need adjustments. What is dictatorship? It is a state whereby a person is controlling or dominating all events under his or her rule, saying whatever he or she wants and will be materialized. In other wards, his/ her idea is the only one beyond doubt. If we are not dictators here what shall we call ourselves? Perfectionists or should i say pluralist. Rule of law is not in the dictionary of some of our participants hence if the law does not favor them, they start against the controllers to resignation. Sir Thomas Browne said that man is a noble animal, splendid in ashes, and pompous in the grave, solemnizing nativities and deaths with equal luster, nor omitting ceremonies of bravery in the infamy of his nature.

Whether am decent or not, I just wrote what I meant by saying I am not a companion to immorality. Hope people will understood what I am saying because it is not written in Sarahulay or Bambara as some of my friends will put it, but simple ENGLISH: I AM NOT A COMPANION TO IMMORALITY. Is that so hard to understand? I have my democratic right to emphasize my inner feeling without hindering and it does not have to be what others like. If you want to challenge me on my opinion do that civilizely and you will receive alike responses. Must of the things i am quoting here i gave my reasons.

Again let us be reminded that ideas are borrowed from one person to another in terms of development be individual or organization. Therefore, I am not that educated to be able to write those recent postings if our intelligence is proper. It is nice to read people with your mind not your heart.

God help Gambia to be politically economically developed

edi

Better now than ever > cooperation and understanding featuring better Gambia and willingness of her people to commit intellectually

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~