It is sad to see postings of personal attacks almost each and every time one visits this forum. It is equally sad that most of time this fights are between people who do not know each other personally, or don't even know where the other is resident. Yes, the Gambia-l is a forum like the Bantaba in rural Gambia where people, neighbours, and sometimes strangers, agree, disagree shout a little bit at each other but Hi that's because they have the chance to reach each other. We as Gambians and frequent visitors to this very wonderful site has a responsibility and a chance that many other people do not have. Please let's make the best use of it. To avoid name calling and ofcourse personal attacks and abuses, I believe that our country should be the main issue here to discuss. Things that could set tempers on fire and consequently divert our attention on problems facing our country and our countrymen should be avoided. This is an appeal and I very much would regret it if some might take it personal, after all that is what am trying to avoid.
I show my dislike of the APRC government publicly because it a matter of concern to me. I do hope that Jammeh understood that I was not talking about him befor he took over the country and the consequent brutallity that follwed. If he would leave the country and the seat  of president, he is history to me. Yes, there is nothing personal. Some time ago, I wanted to talk about how I saw Yusupha C Jaw been personally attack all the way back to his parents. I do not know the man personally, but his mother was both my vice principle and principle as well during my time in Gambia high school. She is a great woman all she deserved is respect. This is just to show how disturbed I was by these endless
and sometimes un called-for attacks. I must admitt,that am not the least nice person here, however I prefer to direct my attention and energy on things that worries many of us here, the deteriorating and stinging political corpses laying everywhere on the holy grounds of our nation. I believed that personal attacks are unavoidable since, it seems, some members knew each other either from home or abroad, however, these differences can be dealt with through  personal mailing address. Most of you if not all, would bear with me that, that the more time wasted on each other, the lest time spent on correcting the wrongs that our country is facing. In the name of brotherhood,sisterhood, and for the sake of our country, lets unite so that even if we do not like each other but we can fight together to end the injustice, coruption, and the day to day threats and uncertainty  hanging over everyones heads in the Gambia.
Long live the Gambia, "ALUTA KONTINUA."
Nyanchor, Kebba Sanneh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~