Thank you for sending this information to the L.

I believe that the Media Bill is notting but to give the government the right to ban newspapers and prevent reporters who have different views from working.

The government enjoys a comfortable majority in parliament and they will of course do everything to make sure that the bill is pass. For Jammeh to send the bill back to parliament only means another cosmetic decoration. Whatever changes or amendments, it will still remain very repressive and grant the government excessive powers to regulate the media. Therefore the bill should go!!!!

If Jammeh and his government believes that they are doing good job as they want us to believe then there is no need for  media fear or paranoid because the bill is “dictatorial" and “unconstitutional”. It is well calculated and is an assault to people’s liberties that is guaranteed by the constitution.

It is draconian and fascist and the  government is giving itself the power to license the media and journalists. We  should object to the bill in the strongest terms and it should be challenged in court as Jawo said.

The Struggle Continues!!!

Ndey Jobarteh