While we all harbor the same interest, that is to help bring all Gambians in the USA together, I think this gesture is a worthy course that will only work if a proper and better way is set up that involves all the Gambian Societies within the USA. The timing of this organization was long overdue but enough time should have been given to folks outside the DC area to attend the initial meeting for the creation of this organization. Until everyone is involved, this organization will have a hard time crossing the borders of the DC area.

                A memo should have been sent to all the Gambian Communities within the United States to solicit their ideas of how this organization should be structured. I am not underestimating the postings on the L and the Post but there are a lot of folks out there whose contributions are rightly needed.

                I am pretty confident that most Gambian Communities will like the idea of forming this organization if they involved in the initial stage. People tend to have a problem when a small niche of people set the rules and regulations and then try to spoon-feed them with the ideas they have come up with.

Please consider talking to the Presidents of all Gambian organizations in the US for their input as to how we should go about in creating this organization.

If you have already done so, please disregard this email.

Lamin Fofana

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~